Poipu Vacation Rentals in Kauai, HawaiiPosted on: 07/15/2016
So you want to vacation on Kauai? It’s easy to make a checklist of everything you want to do – snorkel Kauai’s vibrant coral reefs, go for a swim under a cascading waterfall, spend hours engrossed in a delicious novel on a secluded white sand beach, sip fresh coconut water while snacking on locally grown sugarloaf pineapple – the possibilities are endless.
Choosing where to stay is not so easy.
At only 2.5 square miles wide and with access to shopping centers, grocery stores, parks, beaches, and restaurants, Poipu on the sunny south side of Kauai may be just right for you. Poipu’s proximity to the airport and other Kauai attractions make it an easy selection, while its beautiful weather and variety of activities, including golf, scuba diving, zip lining, ATV tours, surfing lessons and more, make it an obvious selection.
The small beach town of Poipu has a population of approximately 1,000 residents that live within Poipu and the neighboring town of Koloa. As one of Kauai’s main visitor destination areas, there are numerous traditional hotels, condominium timeshares, and vacation rentals throughout this area to accommodate visitors.
If privacy, quick in-and-out access, and spacious living quarters is important to you, here are some reasons why you may want to consider a vacation rental in Poipu:
- Vacation rentals are for those who enjoy traveling with the comforts of home, such as families who want to be able to cook rather than spend every meal in a restaurant or honeymooners looking for a secluded getaway.
- Most homes are often equipped with equipment needed for an active vacation such as beach chairs, snorkel gear, and beach towels, without the additional expense of renting.
- Most vacation homes offer full sized appliances, such as washing machines and dryers, meaning you can pack less and travel lighter.
- Vacation homes are often larger than hotel rooms. Sure, you love your family, but it doesn’t mean you want to be in the same room as them for two weeks straight. Having a room to escape will help keep your trip peaceful and stress free.
- Large parties are welcome. Some vacation homes are large enough to accommodate ten or more guests, making traveling with friends or extended family even more convenient. Planning a destination wedding? Imagine getting married on the grounds of a luxurious vacation rental where you and your entire party can stay. It’s as awesome as it sounds!
- Every expense is accounted for up front. Unlike hotels, you won’t surprised by a bunch of resort fees added to your bill and miscellaneous taxes.
- Live like a local. Staying in a vacation home for an extended period will allow you to fully experience the culture and community that you are visiting. Eat in local restaurants, discover a favorite coffee shop, or shop the farmer’s markets. The possibilities are endless.
Poipu offers a variety of vacation rental options, from luxury homes overlooking the Pacific Ocean to quaint cottages within walking distance to nearby beaches. Alekona Kauai’s exclusive vacation rentals, including condos and homes, mean experiencing the best accommodations Kauai has to offer in lush, tropical and private settings. Find more information on our well appointed vacation rental properties.
Ready to book? Give us a call at 808.977.7400